About the Pharmacology Icebreaker
In collaboration with Graduate Pharmacology, we are pleased to announce the Pharmacology Icebreaker. This is a new social discussion event for everyone in the Department, and is not a traditional ‘journal club’ – you are welcome to talk or discuss just about anything you want! This is a great opportunity for you to meet other trainees, postdocs, staff, and Faculty and learn about what is going on in the Department … let’s get out there and break the ice!
- Format: 1 – 2 individuals (graduate students/postdocs/research scientists/even Faculty or groups thereof) will each take a turn and talk for 5 – 10 minutes (slides are OPTIONAL). Please note that this is not meant to be a departmental seminar!
- Discussion Point Ideas:
- Tell us about your project
- Tell us about what your laboratory is investigating
- Tell us about a methodology you are using or developing
- Tell us about some interesting science that was featured in the news
- Tell us about a new paper you like (journal club style)
- Sign up to host a discussion by emailing Dr. McPherson at email@example.com
Join us for an icebreaker hosted by Alison Jee (from the Uetrecht Lab) about when she was a pharmacist.
Wednesday, Feb 16th, 2022
3 PM – 4 PM
(Link provided through PGSA Weekly Digest email)